Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Thumbs of Creativity

I had my own "On the Road to Damascus (actually Gundaroo)" the other day. I was driving to Sutton to see Hot Scott and listening to the BBC World Service Health Check. A guy was talking about quick ways to assess your personality type. The test was to see if a person was creative or analytical. If you clasp your hands in front of you and interlace your fingers the thumb that ends up on top shows what personality type you are. If your right thumb ends up on top you are analytical and if the left one is on top you are creative. I suppose this is linked to the whole left-brain, right-brain handedness thing.

Well I tried the test and to my amazement the left thumb was on top - I WAS CREATIVE!! Who knew? I had always thought I was more on the analytical side of things - even though I do spend a great deal of my time in meetings doodling instead of writing notes.

I tried this test with my fellow cube residents with some distressing results. Some people who had always assumed they were creative found out they were actually analytical. I think I may have inadvertently screwed up their self-image.

1 comment:

  1. I just tried the test and came out analytical. But perhaps i do it that way because it is comfortable. Left thumb on top kinda hurts! JR

    ReplyDelete