Tuesday, September 15, 2009

True Blood - Season 2 Finale

Well True Blood Season 2 is done and dusted and there are only 9 months to wait for the resolution of all the cliff-hangers. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Beware - Spoilers Below



HBO/Skip Bolen

That big romantic, Bill asked Sookie to marry him, but, while Sookie was having a "moment" in the Ladies, was satched away by persons? unknown before he got his answer.

For 9 months all us TB fans will be scared for Bill and sad for Sookie.

Couldn't the writers have given them even a couple of weeks happiness before the next crisis? I know Alan Ball says that watching happy couples is boring TV, but I think fans do like to see their favourite characters given an occasional even break (even if we don't actually see it on screen).

Having read the books and some of AB's hints for next season I guess our favourites will only get into more and more trouble.

Bill is already in deep trouble, and to save Bill, Sookie will get involved with the Mississippi vampires and werewolves. No doubt Eric will be his usual helpful, Machiavellian self. Poor Tara is likely to be headed from the relationship frying pan into the fire. Jason may end up meeting the Hotshot were-panthers (quite a bit earlier than in the books) and Sam will seek out his shape-shifter parents. Who knows what is in store for Lafayette, Hoyt and Jessica? Not happiness - at any rate.

You know I was about to end with "I'm glad I'm not one of Alan Ball's characters" and then I thought - my god - perhaps I am! Nahh - thankfully my life ain't nearly that interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment